Powerhouse casting director Andrew Weir has scaled the heights of his trade, working with some of the biggest names in the fashion arena. His clients have included Hugo Boss, Alberta Ferretti, Dolce & Gabbana, YSL, Giorgio Armani, Arena, Numero, W, American Vogue, Italian Vogue, L’Uomo Vogue, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Y3 and Zegna. His photography clients have included Alasdair McLellan, Bruce Weber, David Sims, Fabien Baron, Greg Kadel, Mario Testino, Mikael Jansson, Peter Lindbergh, Steven Klein and Steven Meisel.
Normally press shy and hardworking, Andrew gave MDX a rare glimpse into his private world with this quick byte questionnaire and an exclusive video of his non-office excursions. Stay tuned for more inside profiles of some of today’s top industry talents.
1. What got you started in the business?
Nian Fish @ KCD gave me a chance.
2. What would you say is your ultimate strength as a casting director?
My eye & determination.
3. What do you love most about your job?
Working together with my amazing & inspiring team Mallory, Maddox and Melissa.
4. What advice would you give someone starting out in the industry?
Have integrity and honesty in everything you do. Stay focused and work hard.
5. What is one thing that you most want to accomplish in this industry?
6. If you had a time machine, what year/time period would you most like to visit?
7. If you had to describe yourself in one word what would it be?
8. What is your “theme song”?
all Fleetwood Mac
9. Who/what inspires you?
My MOM & DAD & Bruce Davidson