MDC Member since April 2005
View Hillary's Portfolio
Location: Orange County, CA - USA
Agency contacts: BMG, Unique Model Agency, VNY Model Management, Wilhelmina,Women Milano, Epitome LA
What advice would you have for other aspiring models trying to get noticed by these agents?
Some of the best advice that I can pass on is advice my mom and I got from the forums on MODELS.com. They are;
1. Take good snapshots of yourself and send them to as many different agencies as you can.
2. Be prepared when you go to open calls. Meet and greet with a smile and good attitude.
3. Don't be afraid to try a smaller boutique agency, you are bound to get more noticed and alot of work.
4. Don't be discouraged if you sign with a big agency and later are dropped. It happened to me and I very soon after signed with one that keeps me busier than before.
My Mother LOVES the MODELS.com discussion forums. The people all help each other a lot.
How did you become interested in modeling?
Four reasons I became interested in modeling are;
1. My mother made a living as a teen and young adult model.
2. My dad always said I was good in front of his camera and that I was the most photogenic ever.
3. I always loved pictures of models in magazines, especially my favorite, Adriana Lima.
4. Three years ago I grew taller than many friends and thought I should give modeling a chance.
So I did.
What agencies have you been in contact through MODELS.com?
I have been contacted by Women Milan, BMG, Epitome-L.A., Unique Model, V models, Wilhemina. Two of those contacts came within weeks of becoming a member, two asked me to contact them when I was a little older and one offered me a developemental contract. I had read an interview with Kenya Knight of Nous Model Mangement and decided to contact her. She had scouted me earlier in the year. I liked her alot and my parents thought Nous was the best Boutique Agency in my L.A. market. It wasn't till I read her MDC interview that I decided to contact her.
What was your experience with them?
The interests I got from these agencies gave me confidence and gave my parents energy to continue my modeling dream.